2019 Mitsubishi Outlander vs. 2019 Ford Escape
View Outlander Inventory
See How the Outlander SUV Stacks Up Against the Competition
Drivers and families in search of a sporty yet versatile new crossover or SUV have many options today, including the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander and its rivals such as the 2019 Ford Escape. Both of these SUVs offer convenient split-folding rear seating, lots of usable cabin space and available all-wheel drive systems, but there are still plenty of features and characteristics that set these two apart.
Joe Machens Mitsubishi invites you to shop and compare the lineups of the 2019 Outlander and Ford's 2019 Escape online now, then test drive the new Outlander at our Columbia, MO dealership.
Passenger Seating Capacity & Space
- If you're looking for a highly versatile crossover or SUV that can adapt to your daily needs for hauling passengers and cargo, then the 2019 Outlander shines with its three rows of seating for up to seven occupants. Ford's compact SUV, the Escape, offers just two rows of seats for up to five occupants, which isn't quite as versatile for the unexpected.
- Thanks to the Outlander's greater overall length, it also offers significantly more passenger space than the Escape, with 128 cubic feet and 99 cubic feet, respectively.
Fuel Economy & Capacity
- When you're planning a family road trip or weekend excursion, you want to know that your crossover or SUV can go the extra distance and offer respectable fuel economy along the way. When comparing the 2019 Outlander ES 2.4 FWD trim to the 2019 Ford Escape SE FWD, the Mitsubishi tops the Ford in both city and highway fuel economy.
- The Outlander also comes standard with a larger fuel tank, so this SUV provides greater fuel efficiency along with an extra gallon of fuel tank capacity for longer distances between fill-ups!
Warranty & Roadside Assistance Coverage
- Warranty coverage is another area where the Mitsubishi and Ford SUVs differ. Columbia, MO area drivers of the new Mitsubishi Outlander will find significantly more bumper-to-bumper coverage than what Ford offers on its Escape SUV, and that includes the powertrain and anti-corrosion warranties, too.
- There's peace of mind knowing that as you cruise around Jefferson City or Fulton, MO and beyond, you're new Outlander is covered from bumper-to-bumper for 60 months or 60,000 miles. If you were driving the Ford Escape, you'd be down on both miles and time, as Ford only offers 36 months or 36,000 miles of the same coverage.
- Mitsubishi's factory powertrain warranty provides exceptional, long-term coverage for the Outlander's engine, transmission and drivetrain components. With a standard 120-month or 100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty, you'll be confident in the performance and dependability of your Mitsubishi. Ford's Escape is only covered for half as many months, or 60,000 miles.
- When it comes to anti-corrosion and roadside assistance coverage, Mitsubishi outlasts Ford once again. You'll get an extra 24 months of anti-corrosion protection with the Mitsubishi, which also offers comprehensive roadside assistance for 84 months with unlimited mileage; Ford limits its roadside assistance to the Escape's first 60,000 miles. When you get into your new Outlander, you'll know that Mitsubishi has your back at every turn!
Secure Your New Outlander SUV in Columbia, MO Today
Jefferson City and Fulton, MO area drivers and families can visit our new and used Mitsubishi dealership to discover the 2019 Outlander SUV fully. Stop by our Columbia, MO location for a tour and test drive, where our sales staff can tell you more about many of the unique features of Mitsubishi's spacious three-row SUV!